Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

Today is Christmas, there is so much that is going through my mind. I don't know if the world has just forgotten what Christmas is about. It has become so commercialized that I don't think the kids even know why we celebrate this lovely holiday.

Today I am so thankful for my Saviour. I am thankful that he was born, raised, tortured, healed the sick, taught those who would listen and then he died for me. He died that I may have eternal life. He died so that he may know the pains, sorrow and happiness that I feel.
I am thankful that I don't have to go through my life alone. That he is there for me and that he knows me, he knows when I am sad, happy, in trouble etc. And he is there for me through it all. He has wiped away the tears, carried me when I couldn't walk no more, been a friend when I felt alone. He has been there to smile when I am happy and laugh with me when life is just dang funny. I am so thankful that He has a sense of humor, that He gives us little trials some are funny after the fact and I think He puts them there to see if we have a sense of humor also. (for example: when we were moving and we prayed to arrive in Casper safely. That day as we traveled we ended up with 3 flat tires on our anniversary. Kennen got out of the truck on the 3rd flat tire and said honey maybe you should have prayed for safety and arriving in a timely manner. ) He got us to Casper safely, he did not allow us to be in any danger. By the time we arrived we were laughing about the whole situation. I know that He will not allow for us to be in harms way, if we let him into our lives. I am so thankful for the spirit that we feel. I am thankful for that little small voices that whispers or sometimes yells to us. I am so thankful for this Christmas Season, and all that it represents.

May you all have a wonderful Christmas Day.

We love you and Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Sarah Hastings said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great day, we love having y'all as our friends! Thanks for everthing!