Monday, December 22, 2008

10th day of Christmas

On the 10th day of Christmas, I am thankful for my little Sid. I am thankful for the laughter he has brought into our home. I am thankful for the frustration he gives me, so that I have to learn patients. I am thankful that he is so full of love. I am thankful for his sweet funny personality. I think that he could make anyone laugh. He says and does the funniest things. I am thankful that he has my dads personality. I am thankful that he has been my snuggler. I am thankful that Heavenly Father gave him to our family. I am thankful that the Lord knew that I needed the extra 5 years between the two boys to get over the initial shock of their personality differences.
I am thankful that Sid is Sid. Usually when people ask about Sid all you can say is Sid is Sid. He loves his big brother so very much and follows him around. He loves school and his teachers. He loves primary (finally). He loves to go to play group and play with his friends there. He loves Jeannette and the kids. He loves his Bec and asks when she is moving to Byboming with us. But most of all he Loves his Ashleigh more than anything else. He always asks for her instead of me.
He asks all the time when Drew is coming to stay to visit. He is a gentle soul, he cries so easly and worries about a lot of people. This kid has the best memory when it comes to names. Someone can introduce themselves once and they then become Sid's best friend and he will not forget their name.
He is so excited for Christmas and Santa. Everyday he asks if it is Christmas Eve yet. He wants to open those presents under the tree. This year he has asked for tools, a kitchen, and handy manny. What a kid.
I am thankful that he is a part of our family. Our family would not have been complete without him. I am thankful that the day that he was born it all worked out. (for those of you who do not know, I gave birth to him 5.5 weeks premature, breach and alone). It was way scary. I think that was one of the scariest things I have ever done. When you have a doctor telling you not to push or you will kill the baby and possibly you. Wow it was an experience.

I am so thankful for Sid, I don't know what we would do without him. Our house would not be so full of love and laughter that is for sure.

We are wishing you a very Merry 12 days of Christmas.

No comments: