Monday, December 15, 2008

3rd day of Christmas

On the 3rd day of Christmas. I have been thinking about this one for a long time. I can't believe how difficult this has turned out to be. Not that I am not thankful for many things cause I am and all of things I am thankful for would way go past the 12 days of Christmas. I guess what I am trying to say is that it is hard to narrow things down for a short little blog.

I have decided though that I am thankful for appliances. I know that sounds worldly but I can't even imagine not having a washer or dryer right in the house. I have used them so much the last two weeks that they have totally payed for themselves. I honestly don't know how people go out to the laundry mat to do laundry (ecspecially when you have sick kids). Thank you to my ancestors who washed their clothes in a stream, cooked over an open fire, didn't have a fridge for food (can you imagine the illnesses that came with that).

I guess I am thankful that we are a very blessed people to have the luxuries that we do. These bless our lives tremendously. We have the washer, dryer, microwave, fridge, stove, deep freezers, water heaters, A/C units. That is only a few of our appliances we have. I personally can't imagine my life without these comforts.

Thank you to my ancestors who were able to, who also were able to begin making these and keep making these until they are what we have today. I know they will all probably change by the time our boys get big but boy howdy I am thankful for the nice ones that we have in our home.

As you go about your day keep in mind that our ancestors did not have the luxuries that we do, they didn't have the microwave for hot chocolate or popcorn, they didn't have the opportunity to go to the next room to wash clothes, take a shower, cook or anything else. When you say your prayers tonight be thankful for the small things we have and remember that someone payed the sacrifice so that we could enjoy them.

Happy 12 days of Christmas!

3 comments:

Aunt Bec said...

Isn't that true, I don't have time to live now, I am not sure how bad life would be without a washer and dryer. Thanks for doing this. I finished my paper and went to bed at 3 am on Sunday, but I aced my final tonight, now I just have one more. Also - You would be proud of me, I slept in this morning! See I am trying to take care of myself.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I don't know how our ancestors survived. I totally think that I was saved for this time with our luxuries. This morning I was thinking about how nice our house feels with the negative temps outside. We are truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

he he he I'm thankful for you having appliances too! I love this countdown! I think I'll start one next year! You're such a good influence holly! I love ya!