Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I hope this day finds you all healthy, happy and full of the love of Christ. I love this time of season to beable to reflect upon all I have been blessed with. I love the excitement that the boys have not only for the presents but to beable to celebrate the birth of Jesus. What a magical time of year.

This morning as wrapping paper was flying across the room.. Kennen and I just sat there and smiled, watching the boys and listening to them laugh and talk and scream with excitement. It is so fun to be a mom and a wife. I am so blessed being my wildest dreams. When it was my turn to open a present my sweet sweet husband got me the most beautiful picture. It is so fitting for the holiday and one that will be perfect to remember what Christmas is always about. The picture is of Joseph working in his woodwork shop looking out of a window and on the floor by his feet is a toddler Jesus the sun is on the floor in the shape of a cross (which is where Jesus is sitting) It brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent Jesus down to earth for us. Jesus was here and did all that he was asked to do so that we will be able to return home to our Heavenly Father again. What a wonderful feeling that is. I am grateful for that knowledge. I so love the gospel and I love Our Savior and Heavenly Father. I am thankful that I have the chance to repent every day so that I may return home someday.

I am thankful for my family for the 2 little boys that we were blessed to have and for a wonderful loving husband. I am thankful for parents who taught me all about service and unconditional love. I am thankful for a brother with a gentle and quiet demeanor (Robbie takes after Shad). I am thankful for 2 sets of grandparents that loved me. I am thankful for aunts and uncles and cousins that have supported us through all of our journeys. I am thankful for friends, which are amazing. I am thankful for a home that is nice and keeps my family warm and dry. I am thankful for food on the table and clothes on our backs. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend how I treasure every one of them. I am thankful for the blessings of the temple and that my marriage is for eternity and that together we have an eternal family with our two boys. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that listens to my prayers and gives me a nudge in the right direction or gently pulls me back and says now is not the time. I am extremely blessed.

I hope that you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. I hope that you know that we love you. May you always remember that this is the day that Jesus Christ was born. Sending our Love!!

4 comments:

Lesia said...

love ya. smile

Pattie said...

Beautiful...Love ya

Bethie said...

Merry Christmas Thatcher's!!

Laurie said...

That sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful 2011 also!