On the 3rd day of Christmas, I am thankful for the cars we drive.
I have been extremely thankful for the car that I have since moving to Wyoming. When we lived in Springville, I took a lot for granted. We lived not far from the school, 7 blocks from Allens grocery store, 2 blocks from the doctor, 2 blocks from maverick and Charlie's gas station, a couple blocks from the church and about 6 blocks from Kennen's work. Everything we ever did was within walking distance. Here on the other hand...... Robbies school is in an entire different section of town. The part we live in is called River west. (West of the North Platte river) The school is located in Paradise Valley. (approx. 9 mins away) Sids school is 20-25 mins. by car. Wal-mart is not close. Church is next to wal-mart. Gas station is not within walking distance either.
I have learned to enjoy car rides and the time with the boys. I have also learned to be grateful for a vehicle that can get through the snow drifts. I am thankful for the cars we have and that they are in good working order to get us to and from work, school, and everywhere else we need or want to go.
Happy 3rd day of Christmas......
2 comments:
I love reading your entries, Hol. Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season.
I feel for those who don't have a cars or one that needs repairs. I have been very blessed to have a husband who keeps our vehicles in working order and they are paid for too.
Post a Comment