What a day to be thankful... I have learned so many lessons upon moving. Some have been hard lessons, okay most have been hard lessons for me. Some have been easy to accept and others have been very challanging.
This morning as I was doing school with the boys we were discussing the Prophet Joseph Smith. We discussed his sincere prayer when Heavenly Father and Jesus appeared in the pillar of light, we discussed Moroni coming to visit, we discussed the golden plates and why it took 4 years and many visits from Moroni before Joseph was able to actually take the plates. Then we discussed the translation and the tools used. Then in my little 6 year old eyes you could see something... he asked if we could sing the golden plates.. So we did.. Then my sweet 11 year old said, but mom Joseph Smith was teased and persacuted because of his visit with Heavenly Father and Jesus. Which brought in another discussion.. Isn't it interesting how much our little ones understand? Isn't it grand that they can see many of the same things happening around them as it happened around Joseph Smith.
In the Testimony of the Prophet Joseph he states this: "He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Moroni; that God had a work for me to do; and that my name should be had for good and evil among all nations, kindreds, and tongues, or that it should be both good and evil spoken of among all people." I think to myself wow, I wonder if I would have run and not been obedient to all that was asked of me knowing the things Joseph Smith knew. or.. would I have been able to hold strong and carry out the work that needed to be done.
I have a very strong testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith.. I am thankful for him and I am thankful for his strength and his willingness to do ALL that was asked of him by our Heavenly Father. What an amazing man he was.
If you haven't read up on Joseph Smith recently, I challange you to do so. I love you all and know that I am here for you if you need me.
Glow Stick Baby
3 days ago
2 comments:
Wow! Can I get an amen. Last week sometime, days are all kind of fuzzy today I watched the Joseph Smith movie that the church came out with a few years ago. My heart was very touched as I thought about all of the struggles that Joseph and Emma went through just so that I could enjoy the blessings I do. Love you! Hope you are doing well. I am in bed with strep. (yet again) but on a good note, I didn't spend to much time in bed in January so I am hoping my immune system is getting better.
I love your Wednesdays!
Post a Comment