Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SPIRITUALLY FED WEDNESDAY

Families can be together forever.

Husbands and wives should be thoughtful and kind to each other. They should never do or say anything to hurt each others feelings. They should also try to do everything possible to make each other happy.

As parents come to know God and strive to be like Him, they will teach children to love one another. In the Book of Mormon, King Benjamin explained:
"Ye will not suffer your children...[to] fight and quarrel one with another...."
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another" (Mosiah 4:14-15)

As family members we can help each other feel confident by giving encouragement and sincere praise. Each child should feel important. Parents need to show they are interested in what their children do and express love and concern for their children. Children should likewise show their love for their parents. They should be obedient and try to live the kind of life that will bring honor to their parents and to their family name.

President Harold B. Lee taught, "The most important of the Lord's work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own homes"

Satan knows how important families are to our Heavenly Father's plan. He seeks to destroy them by keeping us from drawing near to the Lord. he will tempt us to do things that will draw our families apart.

The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles declared, "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities" (Ensign, Nov. 1995)

I am so grateful for my family.. I am grateful for a loving and wonderful husband. He truly is one of the most amazing men I have ever been around. I am thankful for 2 amazing boys that have blessed me to be a mother. I am thankful that Heavenly Father seen that I was able to be a mother (even though the doctors said I never would be) I hope and pray that the things Kennen and I do help our two sons. I am thankful that Kennen speaks to me kindly in ever situation and the boys see that. I am thankful that he holds my hand, gives me a kiss or a hug so that the boys see that respect that their father has for their mother. I love my little family so very much and am thankful for them.

3 comments:

Lesia said...

Thank you Holy. I just had this conversation with Clay yesterday. He pointed out that we need to be nicer to each other and speak kind words. So you didn't only post this for you but I needed it too. I love the scripture and talk references too. love ya Holy!smile.

Pattie said...

I also needed it. Thank you hon. To have been with your Dad and the kind of marriage that we had was so wonderful and we had two beautiful children that I hope they learned from our example. Jack and I need to learn that we can't push each other's buttons and talk to each other using kinder words. Thank you for this posting today. I love you and Kennen and of course I love my two boys so very much and I miss all of you so much.

Aunt Bec said...

Even the hopeless causes like me need to hear that. Thank you so much for sharing, and thank you for the good example that your family is to me. I sure do love you guys!