So last week we were able to go on a field trip with Robbie. When I say we I mean all of us. (Kennen, me, Sid and of course Robbie) It was so much fun. We were able to go to 3 different places we had never been. I know this is late and tomorrow is my Spiritually Fed Wednesday.. This week it may have to be skipped cause I am going to make this also my spiritually fed Wednesday.
I will start with Fort Laramie.. The kids got to dress in period clothes and do the tour of the fort dressed like those that would have traveled through there. It was pretty neat and fun to see the kids. (This place was the field trip for the school) After the field trip was over and all was loading back on the buses to head back home a 3 hour drive.. we loaded back in the car and headed to the Oregon Trail Ruts and Register Cliff.
The Oregon Trail Ruts... a new appreciation to the pioneers. Since moving to Wyoming I have gained such a strong testimony of the pioneers. Their travel, the weather, the baron land, the terrain they crossed. It is all amazing to me. I know what the weather is like and I have a home and a car and I still don't like going out in it. The pioneers have a special place in my heart. If any of you want to come visit any of these places we would love to take you there. I hope you enjoy the pictures of Oregon Trail Ruts they don't do it justice. You must go and feel of the spirit there and look up and see what they had to endure.
Register Cliffs.... a lot like independence rock... the names are carved (registered) on the cliffs and side of the mountain... Also at Register Cliffs there is a little cemetery so I have included pictures of that. The pictures I got are of 3 different grave sites and you can see the outline of the rocks. one is very small so must have been a child.
We sure hope you all have a fun week. We so have a busy one.. my mom is here visiting, Robbie has 2 field trips (martins cove, independence rock and south pass all pioneer history) Sid has pre-school graduation. We have 3 nights of scouts. oh my!!!
Glow Stick Baby
3 days ago
1 comment:
I have had a wonderful time so far this week. It has been great spending time with all of you. Love ya all so much and thank you for letting me come.
Post a Comment