Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spiritually Fed Wednesday

Scriptures....    what do you think of when you here that word?    Do you think of only one book or multiple?  

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints accepts four books as scriptures;    the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.  These books are called the standard works of the Church.  The inspired words of our living prophets are also accepted as scripture.

I am so thankful for the scriptures.  I am thankful for the peace and comfort they give me in my life.   I love learning about the prophets of past and about our Savior.   I am thankful that we have the scriptures here upon this earth that we are able to read them and to learn from them.   I am thankful that I can share the scripture stories with my boys.  Although they like the fighting scenes and that Nephi cuts of heads.   Someday they will appreciate that we read these and that they will have a deeper love and understanding beyond the fighting.  I LOVE  the scriptures.  I hope that even if you are not LDS that you love the Bible and enjoy reading it.  I enjoy them all. I am thankful for all the scriptures.  

Sending my love to you this day.  

No comments: