Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Spiritually Fed Wednesday

"Thou mayest choose for thyself, for it is given unto thee" (Moses 3:17)

Agency makes our life on earth a period of testing. When planning the mortal creation of His children, God said, "We will prove [test] them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them: (Abraham 3:25) Without the gift of agency, we would have been unable to show our Heavenly Father whether we would do all that He commanded us. Because we are able to choose, we are responsible for our actions.

Our Heavenly Father wants us to grow in faith, power, knowledge, wisdom, and all other good things. If we keep His commandments and make right choices, we will learn and understand. We will become like Him.

2 comments:

Aunt Bec said...

You have done it again! Just what I needed to hear! You should have seen the fit I threw with myself when I was upset because of all the choices I have to make. Once again you have brought me back to reality. You are amazing, and I am grateful for your faith and patience! Love ya and miss you!

Lesia said...

yeah but some times I think it would have been easier to have HIM make my choices for me and for my children. Just saying it would be easier but glad He didn't. love ya.