What a fun Wednesday the 18th of August was. Tuesday night Robbie and Sid and one of the friends were outside playing and Sid came running in crying saying his arm hurt. We got an ice pack on it and all was fine.. no medication needed. We went about our evening and ran errands and came home got ready for bed and went to bed. Wednesday Sid woke up and we were doing school stuff and he couldn't hold a crayon or a pencil at that time I knew something was wrong. (I know bad mom) I had an appointment at the doctors already set up for Robbie because he was stung by a wasp the Saturday before and it was not going away and spreading up his arm. So I called the doctor and told them I needed to swap kids cause Sid was in more need to see the doctor. Thankfully they seen both kids. Robbie had an infection from the bite and they sent us from the doctors to the outpatient radiology department. So.... We go there... and sit.... and wait.... then they take x-ray's. At that point they tell me, "you will have to wait until Thursday or Friday to have these read" I got mad and said "this is a 6 year old with a possible break, we are leaving town first thing in the morning. You are seriously going to make him wait 1 week?" So at that point I call back the doctor and tell them. Within an hour they got results.. "Your son broke his arm, we need you know to go to orthopaedics associates." So off we go... We get in finally, get the cast and this adventure only lasted 6 hours. WOW!!! what a day it was. He did get a pretty cool cast and we go back on Thurs. Sept. 2, 2010 to cut this cast off and put on a cast that only goes to the elbow. So be watching for the new cast... hehehehe
p.s. stay tuned for our next 2 adventures.....
3 comments:
Way to be assertive and get your way! We must be related...I would have done the same thing. Love that he is still smiling in those pictures. Sorry you are having a bad streak with the boys injuries. love ya
Oh my poor sid! Ouch! But I do love the missing teeth! I bet the tooth fairy left you quite the surprise under your pillow!? Is there a cast fairy or broken limb fairy? I'm sure you'd get big bucks for that! :) Love ya bud
Oh, and Holly, can you sign this cast for me before the second one goes on! Write something like "you da man, sid! Love ash" ha ha ha
Thanks
Post a Comment