Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spiritually Fed Wednesday




Today this topic is very dear to my heart... I have learned a different side of this topic lately and I am very thankful for that opportunity. (okay I went kicking and screaming the entire way)

Service..... Jesus said, "I am among you as he that serveth". As true followers of Jesus, we also must serve others.

Service is helping others who need assistance. Christlike service grows out of genuine love for the Savior and of love and concern for those whom He gives us opportunities and direction to help. Love is more than a feeling; when we love others, we want to help them.

Through the service of men and women and boys and girls, God's work is done. President Spencer W. Kimball explained: "God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs"

"when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God...." "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

I have found that service is a wonderful wonderful thing.. I love giving service and those who know me and my family well know this probably all to well.. The last month I have been on the other end of the stick.. I am extremely grateful for those who have had that spirit with them to call and even when I said no I will be fine still came by and took care of me and my family. I have gained such a strong testimony of this and am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be apart of service.

I know things happen for a reason... I think my trials have come to help me be humble to accept these acts of kindness..

I love you all and I am here for each and everyone of you and I pray everyday that I may be lead by the spirit and that I may listen to the promptings of the spirit and follow through with those promptings.

I know many of my friends read this but one knows why I write my wednesday blogs.. So.. I have prayed and thought and prayed some more and I know that this is what needed to be said today so I am following that prompting.. And for that one that knows I don't cry very often or easily... I did while typing this post.. Love ya!!

3 comments:

Lesia said...

you are awesome I too need to be reminded to always remember Him so your blog on Wednesday is a helpful reminder. ty

Lucas and Kelsey said...

It may be for just one but it helps many! Thank you for your service to my family and the blessing in our life to have your family near mine!!!!

Aunt Bec said...

Can I get an Amen! Hol...please know that you are and have been an answer to so many of my prayers including the one I had this week. Struggling...Praying to know what to do...Answer...Serve others...You are such a wonderful person, and such a good example of service. I want to be just like you when I grow up! Love Ya!