Hello to you all, we have had an interesting week. My family came last weekend to spend time with us. We had a good time and went to many museums and did a lot of swimming. The boys loved having the cousins here to play. Sid keeps asking us when Drew is coming back here to play.
On Tuesday I received a phone call from the school nurse saying Robbie had fallen off of one of the playground equipment and hurt his face pretty bad. I asked her if I should come and get him and she told me no that she somewhat got the bleeding to stop and put an ice pack on it cause it was swollen. So, being the mom that I am I finished taking Sid to school and went and picked up Robbie. I gave him some tylenol and an ice pack and we hung out at home laying down.
Thursday night the boys were up sick all night. Sid had gotten the flu and was throwing up all night and Robbie was coughing and couldn't breath. So I ended up with both kids home sick on Friday. By Friday night they were all feeling better (so they said). We ended up going to our ward party which was held at Fort Caspar Park. It was a dutch oven cook out and they had the cub scout raingutter regatta. Robbie's boat did really well. He recieved an award which he thought was pretty cool. By the time we got home Sid was throwing up again and running a fever.
This weekend here in Casper they had the Vetnam War Memorial (the healing wall). It was amazing. We went today to the Closing Ceremony. In the world that we live in today it was an amazing sight. You walked up to it and the emotions were overwhelming. At the closing ceremony I don't think anyone there was able to recite the Pledge all the way through. There was many tears flowing. They did a 21 gun salute, taps and then a cannon went off. If any of you are able to go somewhere to see that I suggest you take the opportunity and do so. The names on the wall are many. I can't even describe the feeling of standing there. I was overwhelmed and this was only the traveling wall I can't even imagine seeing the real wall.
As for our family we are doing well. Kennen is working long hours this last week he started his days at 5 am and didn't get home some nights until 11 pm. The boys are getting used to having mom around and have figured out that mom is a push over. We go out for shakes and cokes, sometimes we go out to eat.
Robbie is getting friends at school and is doing well. Sid loves going to preschool. He asks me "mom what do you think we will do today maybe we do jumpin jacks or something" it is super cute.
As for myself I am doing well. I am so very ready to be in our own house. I am ready for my stuff and I am ready to decorate and make it feel like home. The weather is changing here. We have a saying "if you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes and you might" I have some amazing pictures of the wall so I hope you look at the pictures. If you want more email me or let me know threw the blog. Love you all and take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment