Sunday, March 4, 2012

2 weeks???

 So I am such a slacker...   Sorry!!   thought about blogging often just never have done it.   I can't believe its been 2 weeks..  Well here are a few pictures from that 2 weeks.     I never thought I would say this, but Sid loves using manipulatives for math.  I never believed in them...  Well,  my thoughts have changed and yes we use them daily.    It was also Kennen's birthday and he wanted a better than sex cake..  So..  He got one.  It was so yummy!!!
 for school we were learning about General Washington and his soldiers..  This is stone cake..   They only cooked it on one side so the other side was like glue.  (yuck!)
 so..  as the good mom I am (hehehe)   I cooked a few on both sides to see then how it was.  These are just made with wheat flour and water.. 
 Still even being cooked on both sides they were still ick!   The boys are very grateful that they were not soldiers in that time.  The soldiers ate these 3 meals a day.
 Sid taking a big bite out of one.    Go Sid!  go Sid! 
 I was busy making a baby blanket.  I quilted each square..  cut out the cute hearts and quilted them on.  I think it turned out pretty dang cute...  :)   Oh and we were all not sure about the pink material being in our house.  :)
This quilt is for a super cute friend of ours who was having her first baby..  That cute baby arrived on Feb. 29, 2012  Happy Leap Year Birthday to baby Eden.    Erin the mom was the boys art teacher,  we became fast friends.  Congratulations to Erin and Kevin!!!

Other things we have been up to...   Lets see..  shoveling snow and snow and snow...   going to Young Mens, Church...   Helping with the cub scouts Blue and Gold Banquet..  (Sid is not there yet, but soon )   Going to Science class...  Doing school...   Being Sick...   We all have been so sick this last week.   Whatever it is, it is nasty..   It has started out as a little cold in 2 of the boys..  turns into a flu like thing..  (achy and can't move)  back to coughing and stuffy heads..   oh and sore throats all the way through..  Yep..  this is our week..  well Mom also came down with this..   but my aches ended up being so much worse than any of the boys.  I literally couldn't get out of bed yesterday (sat. march 3)  This morning I woke not as achy but coughing with my lungs burning.  Kennen was up most of the night last night achy and coughing and his throat is super sore.  Both boys also have it..  Robbie we are hoping is on the tail end of it since he started it.  Sid is two days ahead of me.  He started on Thursday..   The joys of family closeness in one house.  :)  

Hope this all finds you well.  Happy Sunday!!!   

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sorry to hear you are all sick! Hope you get well soon.