We only have 46 more days of school left. WOOT! WOOT! Then Summer vacation here we come.
I just had to share with you all what we did today... Sid was working on his phonics. He had a sentence that read: Can a truck dump logs? yes or no... He reads the sentence then he says... Well... if it is a dump truck yes.. if it is a little truck they don't dump, so then it would be no... They really need to tell me what kind of truck. :) Gotta love that little boy and his way of thinking.
Then in math we started learning a new concept. Greater than and Less than.. Sid caught on so fast. I am big and I still have a hard time.. < > which is which??? Well... Greater than is > and Less than is < I learned a new way to remember this okay two examples were given in Sids book. Let me share.. the wide part is always facing the biggest number.. like it is eating it. or... if you look at a row of numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.. the point is always facing the way the number is going.. so 1 < 3 or 3 > 1 now you can see both examples of the way to remember int that example I just gave you. :) Either way it is GREAT that Sid learned this so quickly.. Now I will also remember which is which ( I hope) ..
Happy Tuesday to you all...
Glow Stick Baby
3 days ago
1 comment:
You are a great mom! I love wha Sid said. :) That if how I teach , too!
Post a Comment