Nebraska here we come!!!!
We left Casper at 645 am got to Scottsbluff zoo at 930 am. We did the zoo had a blast. Then we seen signs for Scottsbluff National Monument. AMAZING!!! Then from the top of that you could see Chimney Rock. So we thought hmmm since we are so close lets go see it. So when we spent all the time walking around, learning about that area and bought 3 way cool new books about the Mormon trail and Oregon Trails. Have I ever mentioned my testimony of the pioneers? Every time we go to these new places it grows leaps and bounds. So it took us 25 mins. in the car to get from Scottsbluff National Monument to Chimney Rock took the pioneers 2.5 days. Isn't that amazing????
Chimney Rock... very impressive sight.... Wish you could get closer. But way cool.
Next stop.... Agate National Monument.. Wish I knew then what I know now about there. That way it would be fun. hehehehe
Then it was home again.. got home at 10 pm.. crazy day but way fun.. I love my 3 boys and I love spending time with them. If you would have asked me 2 years ago about visiting Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana, Colorado I would have told you, you were crazy. Now just getting in the car and driving 3 hours is nothing.
Kennen and I were just talking about there are so many things in Utah we never went to cause it was too far. Now we just go, nothing is close to us everything is 2 hours or more away. I can't wait to continue on our pioneer tour, 6th crossing, south pass, rocky ridge and more.... YIPPEE!!!!
And this next week will be awesome! Christina is coming in on Tuesday and off to South Dakota we go.. MT. RUSHMORE here we come...
4 comments:
Your trip looked and sounded so fun. Clay has been wanting to take me to Mt Rushmore for years. One of his favorite spots. So lucky you get to go. Be safe and have fun. love ya. Of and that shirt I was wearing was a 3 dollar shirt from Walgreens. I bought it for Kayla but she never liked it so now that I can wear it I guess its mine. It is a really weird shirt, it stretches and once off it shirks way small. looks and feels cool though.
Looks like fun, Hol! Hope you have a great visit this week.
I love that you pick up and go! So much to look forward to when I don't have teeny kiddos:) Love the pics!
Looks like you had a great time. A new place to take Ga Ga, but you know me, have to make it a two dayer or so....
Love you all so much. Give my boys a big hug and kiss.
Post a Comment