Sunday, February 7, 2010

Books, books and more books


This week has been very uneventful. Nothing new or exciting.

So I am going to tell you about the books we are reading. LOVE them. Robbie's school does reading by lexile (stupid) so twice a week he gets homework that is called Reading and Respond. It is like a book report twice a week. The catch is this... The book has to be in the lexile range and the book can not be a movie. So go find a book that fits both that is appropriate for a 10 year old to read. His lexile range is in the 7-8 grade level. He is not ready to read stuff like that, He is 10.... So I go on a book search to meet this criteria I find two different series. I buy the first book in each. One, I find out comes out in a movie within the next couple of weeks. Percy Jackson and the Olympian. Very good book. (on order the remainder of the series) The other books are called The 39 Clues (yes I know it should be underlined but not smart enough to know how to do that) These are way awesome books. Like I said I bought the first one, had to go buy the second one, borrowed from the library third and fourth ones. (got 7 of these on order) I need to slow down reading them. They are very well written and way enjoyable to read. So if any of you want to check these books out they are way good. Our entire family would recommend them.

Sid keeps asking why he doesn't get new books. We respond to such a question with this response. We have 4 bookshelves full of books that you can read and none that Robbie can do his homework on.

The weather here has been wonderful, in the 40's. It has been a good week, nothing exciting just the same old stuff. School and home. We hope you all have a wonderful week.

7 comments:

McDougald Family said...

My Madison has had her nose burried in the Percy Jackson books for a week. She is just finishing book two and is ready to take on the whole series. I have seen "39 clues" laying around my house this week. I have so many books I don't even know where they come from anymore. I LOVE to buy books.

Holly said...

Ang, I am so with you... I love books also, I think I buy way too many of them. I guess there are worse things than books. Has Madison liked book 2? I can't wait to get it and read it. Hey can I add you to friends and family?

Aunt Bec said...

Ask Robbie if I can be as smart as him when I grow up. Holy tomoly! Glad you are finding books that you like... You know me I only read books by that one author you like. My brain is beyond fried but you know the guy right. Hope things are going well... Vegas was a really really long trip but I made it home and had fun there. I am probably going to boston and ca in the next two weeks . Trying to stay sane, but gave up a while ago. I miss you guys. Ps your old house is still up for sale... I'll help you pack :)

Lesia said...

We are at the end of book 4. The first book was the best one. Really gets you hooked. The books are written by different people so each one is a little different. Kayla is 11 and got Clay and I hooked on them. Unfortunately she is losing interest with book 4. This is the series we take turns reading with her every night as a family. I think Clay is more into them then the rest of us but I like them as well. Hope book 5's author can peak up Kayla's interest like the first 2 did.

Ross Family said...

We also LOVE 39 clues series! Kyle got them for Christmas and has really enjoyed them! I am excited for the book fair to see if they have any good deals going on! Hopefully so! Kyle is almost done with 39 clues and looking for something else to dive into.

Pattie said...

I am just so happy that the boys love to read. Love ya all. Mom

Lyndi Daly said...

Love book suggestions! I can't wait to check into them!