Saturday, February 28, 2009

BREATHING TREATMENTS AND ALLERGIC RE-ACTIONS

Okay, so we have had a rough week. I ended up taking Sid to Insta Care on Thursday Morning cause he was sounding awful and had a fever. Come to find out he has a lung infection and once again is in need of breathing treatments. The story does not end there. Remember this is a mom that has had no sleep for 3 nights now. Friday, he was not doing well at all running a 102 fever all day and just stayed in bed. (so not like Sid). Saturday morning we wake up (or at least the sun has) and he has a swollen face and red bumps every where. I instantly think the worst. I call Jeannette and she takes Robbie while I take Sid back to the insta care. Come to find out he is having an allergic reaction to the amoxicillan. So they up the breathing treatments to 3 times a day and add benedryl to the mix of meds he is taking. Remember he has never been allergic before so this is something new. The following pictures are what he looks like right now. (this is after benedryl twice)







poor kid, yes it is all over his body. The doctor at the insta care took pictures for training purposes so that those just learning will be able to see what a amoxicillan reaction looks like. We will be making another trip back to Insta Care tomorrow. Yea for us 3 times in 1 week.


This is probably one of Sids oldest friends. It has been a part of his life for 4.5 years. From his first day of life. Yes, it is back 3 times a day.
As for the rest of the family we are hanging in there. Robbie is doing well. He is beginning to make friends at school and is doing okay there. He is a very good big brother and had been a wonderful helper these past few days.
Kennen is working lots and lots he has been leaving at 4 in the morning and not getting home until 9 pm so it makes very long days for him and I.
We have received new callings which we are excited about. I will update you more after we are set apart tomorrow.
We hope you are all doing well. We love you all.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, that is awful! I hope Sid gets better. What a ride this past week. I cannot even imagine-a lung infection? That's crazy! How did he even get that? So bazarre! I hope this week is better for you! If you need us, you know where to find us!

Pattie said...

I wish I was closer to help you and be able to rock him like I use to when he was sick. Take care of my boys and I love you so much. Tell him that he needs to get better so he can come and spend time with his best friend "Drew" and see his Ga Ga.

Aunt Bec said...

How are things going today? Did the fever go down yet? Any sleep last night? Let me know if this gimp can do anything for you. Oliver brought me home crutches last night, and I made a fool of myself trying to jump up the stairs. Hurt the stupid knee even worse. Please let me know if I can do anything. You guys are in my prayers!

Lyndi Daly said...

Holly, I want you to know, if you ever need anything!!! CALL ME!!! You look great for not sleeping for 3 days!:) I hope Sid starts feeling better!!!

Amy said...

Averi had that same thing, she is allergic those same antibiotics too. She broke out in a terrible rash when she was just two. I hope things get better, having sick kids is not fun. I hope this week is better.

The Halls said...

We know all about the breathing treatment. Luckily Brighton has only needed his once this winter. Jaden had a horrible rash like Sid's when he was 1 1/2. The Drs said it was an allergic reaction to amoxicillian. He has been on amoxicillian a few times since and the rash has not come back. Kinda wierd! Hope he gets feeling better soon!

Marlin, Becky & Josh said...

I am SO sorry you are having such a difficult time up there. Is it really worth it to be up therre anymore? Maybe this is a sign that you need to move back here. Not only that, we miss you! Josh says Hi! Hope things get better for Sid (and you get sleep!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my poor sid! I hope you feel better. I love you very very much and miss you TONS!!!!!