Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Week and weekend

This is a day late and I am sorry. We were out of town so I didn't get to blog about our trip last night. So here we go.

On May 19, 2009 we had a balloon launch in memory of my dad. It has been 9 years since he left us physically. The boys thought that was great to write messages on the balloons and let them go to Heaven so grandpa could read them. It was actually a fun thing, I think I will continue that new tradition on.

The weather was nice and then it decided to turn rainy on us. We did get a break from rain on Saturday evening so the boys decided they wanted to have a fire and roast marshmellows. So, we head outside and start our fire, roast some marshmellows and just hang out. Robbie decides he wants to do an experiment so he goes inside and gets a pan and adds whatever to it and puts it on the fire to "see" what will happen. Sid decides he needs to pee outside for all to see. Never a dull moment at our house with two boys.

Sunday morning we load up in the van early and off we go. We go exploring. We went to Wright Wyoming and found Kennen's old house that they lived in when he was way little. Then we went to Gillette Wyoming and got some lunch and then off to Devil's Tower we go. Devils Tower is AWESOME. The drive is so beautiful. If you are going to drive parts of Wyoming in the day that part is way pretty it is part of the Black Hills Forest need I say more??? The rest of Wyoming can be driven in the dark and you wouldn't miss nothing. (exceptions: Yellowstone, Devils Tower, and between Newcastle and the South Dakota border). The boys thought that Devils Tower was pretty cool. We seen Buffalo, an open pit coal mine, huge machines, an antelope nursing a baby. All on our drive to and from. How cool. I so wish I would have taken pics of the Buffalo though.

Anyway, I hope you all have a safe and fun Memorial Day. Hope your week is filled with fun and joy. I know ours will be. It is the last week of school YIPPY!!!!!!!! And it is Sid's Birthday on Wednesday. Wow, how time flies. Love you all.

No comments: