So, today is 9 years since my dad passed away. I just wanted to write a short blog about this amazing man. Oh, how I see him in so many things my boys say and do. Sid the most.
My dad: my dad was and always will be the most amazing man. (Kennen is close) He was my best friend, the one who I turned to A LOT. He helped me out of so many situations when he didn't have to. He taught me to love those around me and serve with all of my heart. He taught me that you don't have to sit back and watch that I could stand up and get involved.
He helped so many people, he loved so many people. He did all of this and was there for my brother and I no matter what activity we were doing. He never missed anything.
Dad, today is my reminder of how precious life is and how I need to take it a little slower and enjoy my boys while they are young. I know you are watching over us, I know that you would you so love these two boys of mine. They are so fun. You are spoken of very often in our home. Your memory will alway live on in us. I love you dad!!!!
Today, starts a new tradition. Since we are close to Yellowstone, so we are still in the same state that part of my dad is. We are going to launch balloons in his honor. I can't put flowers out, not close enough.
If any of you have memories of my dad will you please write them down to me so that I can copy them off for the boys. Thank you!!!!
3 comments:
Oh Hol. I can't believe it has been 9 years now. Your dad was so much fun and so friendly to everyone. You must miss him so much. He left way too soon.
Holly, I hope that you are able to find some peace this weekend. I remember your dad being such a tease! There was never a time that I would see him that he didn't have a smile on his face. And he was always SO PROUD of you and Shad. Some things never change. :)
I thought I cried all the tears I could on the 19th just like every year but reading your tribute to daddy made the water start all over again. I miss him so much and even though I am married, I still love him so much and I think of him all the time. Daddy will always be with us forever.
Post a Comment