Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter, from the Thatchers!!!  We hope that you all had a very Happy Day and that you were able to spend it with family.  That we all remembered what Easter is all about. 
 We had a GREAT Easter.  These 2 pictures are of the boys dying eggs.  Sid top and Robbie's hand bottom
 For Easter, Sid received sand toys..   So after church he ran in the house, changed his clothes and spent from about 12:30pm to 8 pm in the sand box. 
 I caught Robbie smiling as he was dying eggs...  :)  Isn't he handsome???
 Sid wanted a picture also of him being silly...  so here it is...  He is also handsome...  :)
So...  I have pictures of the egg hunt, our fire for roasting hotdogs on Easter for lunch and a bunch of other ones..  I can't get them to load on the computer.  :(   I think the laptop is dying on me, which makes me sad....  So instead of pictures to show you what we did, we get to listen/read me ramble. 

We woke up early...   the boys opened up their Easter baskets (sid, had reese's peanut butter cups, a huge reese's egg, a darth vadar lightsaber full of red candies, a 2 foot chocolate bunny, and a reese's pieces carrot ..  and sand toys)   (Robbie, had all the same candies as Sid...  except his gift was a new basketball)    Then..  Since the weather has been lovely..  the Easter Bunny hid our eggs outside.  :)   The boys ran around the backyard gathering their eggs, or robots and then we had to come in and get ready for church.  Off to church we go...   At noon we return, change our clothes and off we go to outside.  :)   We started a fire in the pit and roasted hotdogs, had funeral potatoes and marshmellows...   The boys played in the sand the entire afternoon..   Kennen went and had a nap and while he was napping the boys and I stayed outside.  Can't go in when the weather is so perfect.    That night for dinner I made homemade dough and we made homemade calzones.  (yes, we are not traditional people...   We do hotdog roasting and it was Robbie's year to choose Easter dinner...  so Calzones it was)   We ate them outside by the fire while the boys continued to build in the sand.  (I do have awesome pictures of their cities they were building)   Sunday night Sid decided to sleep on the frontroom floor...   He didn't want his daddy to leave to go buy more sand without him....

So...  Monday ....   We awoke early..  Sid and Kennen went and got sand...  came home unloaded 2 tons of sand...  then Kennen and I went and got a ton of compost...  unloaded it and spread it out...   Then we went and helped some friends move 2 couches and take them to salvation army...   Shawntel fed us all lunch before we ran off to me the doctor and Kennen took the boys to Science class..    At 2 we met up at home and we then tilled the last of the garden spot..  planted 5 more rows of peas, a row of chard and aspargus...  We then fertilized the back grass and watered it good...   Took the boys to dinner then went and bought me new shoes.  I think we had 2 full days...  filled with lots of fun times.

Today (Tuesday)  Is supposed to be in the high 70's here...  so we better get school done quickly as I know the boys will want to be outside.  Wishing you all a GREAT day!!   Love to you all!!!

2 comments:

Pattie said...

Love the pictures. So glad that you all had a couple of great day. Love ya so much.

Laurie said...

Wow! That sounds like a busy weekend, but lots of fun! Your boys are looking so grown up! How old is Sid now?