Once again this summer we are doing the museum passports. It is a great way to spend a day out of the house and yard. So far I think we have hit 4 of the museums. The boys love going out and seeing and doing and most of the time we are with friends so we end up doing lunch and a park after. It is FUN!!!
We are also doing the summer movie series. We have never done it before until this year but here's the scoop you get 12 movies for 7.50 a person. The movies are a little older some already out on dvd, but it is still fun to go see the movies in the theater and you can't pass up the popcorn and soda (for only 2.50 for both) yep it is a cheap way to spend the afternoon and we have even seen a couple movies so far we had never seen.
Here is a few pictures from one of our museum trips. At Fort Caspar Museum there is a walking trail down to the North Platte River. This is where the Mormon Pioneer barge was made and floated back and forth across with the wagons. Connie and I let the kids play at the river for awhile then we headed to the park for our picnic lunch. Connie is another homeschool mom who we get to hang with often. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to homeschool. I have met some wonderful people there.
(this top picture is Robbie, does he look excited or what???)
Here is Sid running along the bank of the river
Look at how fun this is.. they were all throwing rocks into the river and I caught with the camera them doing it all at once arms up and all. :)
here is 4 of the 5 kiddos... enjoying one of the first days of warm weather.
This weekend is the 4th of July. Happy Independence Day! Let's all remember why we celebrate this "holiday" it isn't for the 3 day weekend, it isn't for the fireworks, it isn't for the bbq's, it isn't for camping, etc... It is to celebrate our Nation, the flag, those fighting for our freedom. I am thankful for those who have served in the military in the past and the present. I am thankful to their families who give up so much for my behalf. So on July 4th take a minute to give thanks to those that have made your freedom possible.
Glow Stick Baby
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment